Monday, June 21, 2010

Only 5 days left!!

Team,

I want to again thank each and every one of you for joining my team. Without you guys, it would have been very difficult for me to go on this amazing adventure. I feel privileged to know you all, and can't show you enough gratitude. My heart in creating this blog is to update you as I prepare to leave, update you while I'm gone (potentially with the help of Jon), and share what happened when I return.

Thankfully, I am fully funded. WOW! God is so good that He didn't provide the exact amount I needed; rather He exceeded it through the generosity of you guys. The extra funds have been able to cover my medical shots and immunizations, sports equipment for the kiddos (potato sacks for races, parachutes, and baseball gloves), as well as there is some extra that I will be donating either to the orphanages there or to team members that were still short. It's so incredible to see how faithful you all were in giving. It was such a great experience raising support for Africa. Daily, I was blown away by people. Again, thank you.

This week I am finishing details of planning and preparing. I need to pack and get a few more supplies, and then Saturday Jon will be taking me to the airport. I still can't believe that it's almost here!! I am so pumped to get over there and see how God will use our team of 30 to do His work and serve these kids.

Prayer Requests:

*For safety and protection- Not only as we prepare to travel 15 hours across the world, but as we are there too. Pray for protection for our health- that our vaccinations work and we don't get sick. If we get really sick, we are somewhat useless ya know? I want to work hard while there, so I need to stay healthy!

*For our team to be unified- There are 30 of us, most of us will be meeting for the first time in Washington DC before we leave for Ethiopia. Pray that we have a tight bond and get along well.

*For my heart to be ready- I know that I am going to see things that I have never seen and haven't been able to comprehend till I arrive in this third world country. Pray for me to be open to what God is doing- and to have a heart of surrender. I want to follow where He is leading and to be used as He desires.

I know that we have some spots where we will have internet connection. I won't be taking a computer, so hopefully I can use someone else's. We will see how much I get to update.

Thank you in advance for praying, and for everything you have done already. I'm beyond blessed to have you all on my team.

Love,

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Love you Kim! Can't wait for the updates. We are definitely praying :)

    ReplyDelete